Dec 15, 2010

School continues in Buenos Aires

December 6 & 7, 2010

Back to school. New teacher, new week, new words to learn. Maria, the teacher is very nice and starts us conjugating the ser and astar and hoy verbs. Michael was in his glory watching me struggle. He did great, I was totally lost. My gray matter just couldn't absorb this stuff. My brain was full to the brim and overflowing with Spanish words. Michael's Spanish is leap and bounds better than when we arrived. Me, I can understand more, but struggle speaking.

Gus got to the hostel on Tuesday afternoon and forgot the part I gave him to have Dakar Motos fix. He stripped his bike down, followed the locals, went back to Dakar Moto and picked up the part, was back within an hour. Everyone was surprised at his speed. Dorien and James, schoolmates of ours, met us at our hostel about 8pm and we all went to a nice local restaurant on the corner near us. This was my 3rd time there because they gave me good service, good food at a good price. We came back to the hostel with beer and wine and visited late into the evening, as Wednesday was a national holiday and many things were closed. Michael came to bed around 4am. Silly kid…

No comments:

Post a Comment